Our Journey!!!

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the stories of our lives...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Selecting wedding gowns & suits

Few days back, we headed down to the bridal boutique to have our gowns & suits selection....
It was quite fun! I had in mind what I wanted to wear and managed to find many pieces which I liked... In fact, too many pieces that I had problems deciding!

when I first look at the racks and racks of gowns, I told our bridal coordinator, Ling Sze, to show me those with LACE and PEARLS... Hahahaha... No sequins and shiny bling blings for me...

A friend sent me this link abt a week or two ago... Check out the expression of the groom!






Although I did not get the same expression from Randy, he was quite "uncle" to ask our bridal coordinator if he can take photos... (I thought that was quite sweet of him to think of something like that...) But she didn't allow... :P



Finally after 2 hrs I shortlisted the following gowns (descriptive info since no phototaking allowed):
gown 1: Really pretty lace and small pearl details
- MY FAV! Loved that the details and the design was near perfect except that the train wasn't dramatic.. Randy didn't like it coz the train looked ordinary...

gown 2: Laced top with silk-material bottom (Long train)
- liked the beautiful train but didn't like the details around the bust area (makes a slim gal look fat)


gown 3: slightly gold-coloured gown with see-thru corsetted waist & puffy skirt
- touted by coordinator as THE gown that will create the "WOW" expression
- very princessy looking but with a vintage feel
- the skirt looked something like this (dun haf exact pic), but PUFFIER and not in this colour

- agree that it's very unique and probably haven't seen any bride wear it before but I dun think it's very me at all... Though the coordinator n Randy both thinks I shld select it...

Eventually, the winner was: *drums roll* Gown 2


This was one of my fav that I've tried previously... Really love it for the chinois factor but definitely can't use it as a wedding gown.. :( If only they had it in other colours, will definitely select it for my evening gown....



You can't imagine how tiring it is to put on and take off such heavy garments! I think i'd probably tried 18 over different dresses...! :P While Randy settled his selection within 5 tries. Hahahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment