Our Journey!!!

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the stories of our lives...

Friday, August 21, 2009

Turning Aunty

I dunno what to make of myself being spotted at the supermarket TWICE in the same week by two different group of friends. They were laughing when they saw me picking up groceries and there were something in their eyes that read "AUNTY"... Wells, I've indeed become an aunty... My nieces call me "Shen Shen" instead of Jie Jie Kara.. That's quite hard to bear.. "Shen Shen" is something that I wld call my uncle's wife... Like Ken says, when a lady gets married, her status changes. How true...

Anyhows, we're trying to make it a point to cook a homecooked meal once a week (and reheat the same food in the microwave and eat it for the rest of the week... JUZ KIDDING!) And since I'm better at the stove and Randy's better at the sink, we split duties that way.......

Our Sat breakfast - of blueberry pancakes, salad, & coffee




My sis and the Thong family popped by this week for dinner @ our cosy place... Had planned for some simple Japanese-styled dishes.. We wanted to cook extras for our dear friends who haven't been having much homecooked food lately...
So glad to have them.......!!! It was a great time chatting with them and having people to help us finish all that food!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Nono, grocery shop is not Auntie. To tell you the truth, I can't wait to go grocery shopping after I have my own hse. I LOVEEEEE grocery shopping.

    Sappho

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Can you all invite us as well when we are back??Haha..so BU YAO LIAN!

    We do that alot here in Aussie..cos' here dun cook, you will become bankrupt!! Too ex to eat out! So, we also become Auntie and Uncle here..we always go marketing and it has become our fav pastime..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of coz!!! Our place is always open, juz pop by anytime... I think by the time you're back, we wld haf moved in to sengkang already... So u, me & the Thongs take turns to cook la... Hahahaha... So that way we get homecooked meals everyday!!! Hehehe...

    Yea, Randy has been commenting that he lurves supermarket shopping! Coz he gets to buy all his fav snacks and choose what he wants me to cook for dinner....... -_-||| Maybe when u back we can go Sheng Siong together... MUAHAHAHHAA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sappho: Hahahaha... U'll find urself doing ALOT of grocery shopping after u get married! And comparing the difference btwn the various brands of detergent and dishwashing liquid... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah! The Jap dinner is really Good!!! =D im so fortunate as always, thanks for including me on the dinner table! Love ya sista, and thank u, Bro-in-law, heehee.. Looking forward to the next meal this coming wed! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u thank u... Eat more, eat more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hee hee... love grocery shopping too! definitely not auntie lar...

    ReplyDelete