Our Journey!!!

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the stories of our lives...

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Randy's HK birthday surprise - Day 2!

Day 2 of our HK trip. 

We woke up bright and early to try out the well-reviewed Cha Chan Teng :

Tsui Wah Restaurant (HK Cafe)
244 Portland Street, Kowloon

(PS: I will be providing all the addresses and info of the places we ate in, should anybody wanna go try em'!!!)
Breakfast Menu was available from HK$26 (S$4+)

 Kara's set: Abalone & Shredded Ham in Macaroni Soup (Plus Sunnysideup & bun), iced milk tea - HK$26

Randy's set: Fried fish fillet with special bun, mashed potato and baked beans, iced milk tea - HK$29
 My set was super yummy! I ate everything up (except the runny egg yolk coz tt's not allowed for consumption when u're pregnant)…...
 I must learn how to make this!!!
 Tsui Wah… Good eat!!! We like!!!
 Me, looking like a BIG fish ball at 6.5mths… :O)

 After BF, we went shopping!!!!!! (As if that's anything surprising to do in Hongkong…)

This is our 4th time in HK and as usual, it's walkabout Mongkok for a shopalicious time! We were very focused on this trip. Shopping for X'mas presents for friends and baby stuff for Ashley. FULL STOP. No shopping for ourselves….

This is the day pic of the ever-crowded Mongkok, wait till night comes… The place is literally FLOODED with people, even till midnight!
 A mango dessert a day keeps Randy very gay (happy)… 
 We bought ALOT of stuff for Ashley in that short span of 2 hours! Coz daddy says we gotta make our trip worth the while.

Then it's time for lunch… We tried out this beef noodle restaurant - also highly reviewed (and researched by me!)

Lok Yuen Beef Ball King
G/F, 138-144 Sai Yeung Choi St. South, Mong Kok (near MTR-Mong Kok, exit D-2)

Very slurp-alicious hor fun in a very yummy beef broth!

 I had planned to go for a harbour tour during day 1 but we were too bushed to go for it. So the ferry tour was postponed to day 2….
We boarded on the Tsim Sha Tsui side (supposingly the better side, don't ask me why)
Cost: HK$110/pax (S$20) - inclusive of a snack and drink onboard

As usual, Mr Chan can't do without his own chips… So he bought some Jagabee potato snack to bring onboard..



 After the harbour tour that lasted for about an hour, we headed to Tsui Wah Restaurant (again)… this time at their Tsim Sha Tsui branch (it was dinner time, we were too hungry to search too hard for a place to eat.. moreover we quite enjoyed their breakfast this morning)

Kara's: Fishball noodles (recommended item) 
Randy's: Pork chop in curry with rice (generous servings of pork chop!)


Day 2 ended with me having very achy shoulders (from carrying my DSLR around for the whole day) and not being able to feel my legs anymore…. :(

I think my additional weight is tiring me out! Anyways, my DSLR stays in the hotel for the rest of the trip to save me from even more shoulder ache!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment