Our Journey!!!

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the stories of our lives...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chorp Mak Mak!

[Be warned: this is a very ditzy post about shopping, shopping and more shopping...]

I just got back from BKK (again.....!!!) Seriously, what's not to LURVVVEEEE about Bangkok???!!!

Alpha - My DSLR was not allowed on shopping trips coz it's just too heavy to lug ard! Need the bag space for shopping! So Miyuki (our family's point-n-shoot digicam) tagged along and obviously I wasn't too busy snapping photos...

The shopaholics


The hotel



Which is GENTS and which is the LADIES? Go figure...........



















The awesome massage


The food




Guess who i saw after dinner @ chinatown?

This cutie!!!!!! ----------->>


I don't mean the uncle la... I mean the pug... This was the only non-shaky photo I had of "cutie"... Coz he/she was so shy, that once I took out the camera, he/she wld run away... hahhahaa....


















Most parts of the trip was just spent walking ard the wholesale markets for hours on end. 
I just absolutely sink into RETAIL THERAPY HEAVEN with all the apparels that "shouts me" - quoted by Miss Ris Low. Talking abt Ris Low, I bought a leopard print tank top there.... She was right, it is the current trend (at least it is in Thailand). WAHAHAHAHHAHA.


Just for the record, I bought 44 pcs of apparels, 5 bags, 3 pairs of footwear, accessories not counted yet... Total weight: 16 kilograms... (Let's see if my next trip can beat that.... hhhaaaa)... Think this is the record setter for my "most-shopped" so far....  

Here are some of my fav buys....

Super ching-chong bright pink dress with lace (of coz)...
Another lace dress....

Ah-Ma-Kara-comes-to-visit-for-CNY dress...


Embroidered clutch bags for putting angpows which I am gonna give away for the 1st time in my life....














And the funniest of the lot............
My uber huge beach hat....
I couldn't risk it being squashed in my luggage... So I booked a plane ticket for it next to me and buckled up the seatbelt for it...
And my flight partner, Kevin turned on the reading light to shine on it during take off and landing. (Think: Mr Bean)

The stewardess raise her eyebrow @ that sight and tried not to over-react. MUHAHAHAHAH.












Khop khun mak ka, my dear travel mates for the wonderful 4 days! Till our next trip, lau jer gan!

7 comments:

  1. Wah! So fun! I love bangkok too! Next time I come back I will go! Actually HK also very very fun to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to disappoint you, but you do know that first year newly weds are exempted from giving ang pows right? Hee... but its up to u lah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith: Yah! For a while HK took over as my top shopping place... But after gg 2 BKK again, I think it worked it's way back to the top! Next time we go together la!!!

    Boon: Ehh.. i heard of it... But we feel bad not to give... (only valid for relatives.. unmarried friends not inclusive! hhahaha)

    - Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi may i know which hotel is that it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hihi!
    It's BAIYOKE BOUTIQUE HOTEL... Located beside Baiyoke Sky in Pratunam area... Paid abt S$60-$70/room/nite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah! the hotel is super nice n the food looks super good. haha.. i have yet to step into bkk.. the embroidered clutches you bought are really pwetty! :D hahaha... my sis will love your beach hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bea: u shld go... u will enjoy urself there!!! esp if u like massages and all... i think u're right abt ur sis loving the hat... i rem spotting her in one before and I laughed @ her for being a japanese tourist... muahahahaha

    ReplyDelete