Our Journey!!!

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the stories of our lives...

Monday, May 31, 2010

Sneaky Sunday

We sneaked to JayBee (Johor Bahru) one Sun not too long ago... Honestly it's not that Singapore lacks enough shopping to keep us occupied, but it's the whole idea of dropping whatever u haf at home and going somewhere else away from everything...

So as usual, we hit KIM GARY HK CAFE at City Square for food!
My order: Egg Fish with Mushroom & Corn Rice...
I like it very much!!! I love my carbs and this whole combi just made it thru to my heart.. I tried to remember the taste so that I can go back home and re-create it! :) :)

Diddy loves fries.... Especially those with seasonings.... Here's the chilli-shaked fries...


Diddy's noodles order wasn't much to shout about... so no close-ups...
Anyways we enjoyed ourselves very very much because we happened to be there during a very canny time. THERE WAS A SALE going on at Padini & Vincci!!!!!!! I lurve lurve lurve Vincci's shoes, I think that label is God's gift to Malaysian designers... Seriously, their shoes are very nice & comfy...

But before I can swipe out my card & bag all those shoes home, I had to overcome my hubby's unfortunate conception about me being a shopaholic. I'm only a chronic shopaholic when there's a SALE!! I can resist myself on all other circumstances with no mention of that keyword. That's how big of a sucker I am for sales... :P 

But u know what? I know my hubby well enough to know that he's as big of a sucker as I am. So when he walked into the mega 4-labels-under-1-roof outlet and promised me that if he should so buy 1 piece of item, I can buy 8 for every 1 pc he took, I knew I was in for a roll. 

And guess what?
I bought 3 pairs of shoes + 1 bag + 1 necklace
Randy: 10 pcs of shirts

WAHAHAHAHAH.... (I had the last laugh and am still laughing till now...)

Well, we had alot of fun... Retail therapy is good therapy.. Anyhows, we ended our JayBee episode with cups of bubble tea and bags of apparels...

So, with the taste of Kim Gary's fish rice still in my head, a few days later I tried replicating it for our CosyBay's regular, Jake... 

So here's my own version!!! 


My hubby loves Sharksfin Soup and Sour & Spicy Soup.... So when I said one day I was gonna try my hands at making some Suan La Tang, he didn't have much faith that I could pull it off...

Anyhows, here's my very own version.... I'm not a big fan of starchy soups so I'm glad the two guys were able to finish up all that big pot of soup....!


Clams! With garlic, pepper, butter.... Very yums coz these shells are fresh from the supamarket!

Classic Fried Eggs with onion prepared by Jake...
Both of them were competing to see who can eat more.... I'm just amazed that they finished ALL that food... Just watching them makes me very full...

(This photo is a very unglam shot of my really messy living room...... :P)
























To conclude this post, I shall add on to the fact that my hubby is pretty chronic when it comes to shopping. I was working throughout the Vesak day long weekend so he headed back to JB with Jake on Fri. Same story, he gushed into the Padini store and this time bought home another huge bag of apparels.......

Confessions of a shopaholic.... Revealed!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wah same as my AH LAO! He got more shoes than me and his things so BRANDED one lei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah man! I know Mr Ho has tonnes of shoes... He's a fashionista!

    ReplyDelete