Our Journey!!!

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the stories of our lives...

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sabai Dee BANGKOK!

 Just made my yearly pilgrimage to Bangkok again! This time with new travel kakis!
We took a super early flight and as it was still too early for check-in, we headed for a massage to kick start our trip. From the recommendation of a thai friend, decided to try a new SPA place...


Asian Herb Association at Sukhumvit Soi 24  
  Very nice decor... Just like my old fav, Healthland SPA
 What's new though was Asian Herb Association has a guest card that we have to fill up to state our preference for hard/standard/soft and where we would like the massage to be focused on... :)
Here's the massage room... Much nicer than Healthland's...
We tried the herb ball massage... I would say it feels "healthy"! And after all that cracking and backbreaking, I feel revitalised... Though at some point the massage was a lil' too hard (I selected "standard", pls remind me to tick "SOFT" next time!!!)
One of the key agenda of the trip was to make a green suit for our groom-to-be, PPK. So we found a tailor at MBK Center. Check out the text of their standee outside the shop:
GOD MADE U A MAN, WE MAKE U A GENTLEMAN!
We headed back to the hotel to check in. I decided to forsake Baiyoke Boutique this round for a newer hotel that's closer to Platinum.

 Oriental Room (abt S$60/night)

I would say it's a nice & comfortable stay for that budget!

We headed to Patpong - the "Ping Pong" area (where the transvestite shows and stripclubs congregate)
These were the food we tried from some recommendations I read on Bryan Wong's blog entry 
 Eating noodles right beside a bustling road completes the entire Bangkok jam experience!
 Kway Chap - Thai style! Very peppery, my fav kind of soup!
 Didn't know if this was the chicken rice that Bryan Wong blogged about, but it was the only one we found. Not very yummy... :(

 Sunday is Chatuchat Day!!!
 Mad human traffic at the super popular weekend market
 Of cos, another agenda for this trip was to celebrate Ping Pong King's birthday (without him knowing!) Here we are, all dressed up for his surprise dinner!
 Toc toc toc - everyone has to make a Ping Pong face for the birthday boy
Highly recommended by my thai friend (and also Dining & Entertainment magazine for 10 consecutive years), we dined at the very royal Baan Khanitha (South Sathorn branch)
 Upon reaching there, I realised that me and Diddy have been there before! During our trip 2 years ago in 2008.



 The happy burst day cake make up of crepe cake, cheesecake, tiramisu and toffee cake! So special!
 The birthday boy
Success!!! To the wonderful surprise planned by his fiancee!!! Part two, we strolled to Vertigo (which was just a stone throw away)
 The very nice view from the 61st floor... I felt a little light headed at such high altitude that I thought the building was moving even though I only had a mocktail... Hahaha
As usual, I now have an entire wardrobe of a year's supply of clothings!  
Hip hip hurray to shopping in BKK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment